The Rush Blog ~~Wes Kardigan~~ #Chitown #WesKardigan #UnsignedHype #HipHop @WES_KARDIGAN

The Rush Blog

 ~~Wes Kardigan~~ 

#Chitown #WesKardigan #UnsignedHype #HipHop



Wes Kardigan, born Tommie Smith, Jr., was raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois. While being highly influenced by the likes of Common, Jay-Z, Ludacris, T.I., OutKast, Eminem and Lupe Fiasco to name a few, Wes spent most of his time concentrating on his craft as a Hip-Hop Songwriter/Artist. Although, musically, being an artist is his #1 passion, some of his other goals include being able to develop artists, acting in major motion films, invest in property to be used to shelter the homeless, aid them in finding employment as well as establish after-school programs for the youth.



1. How did you get started in music?

I started out being signed to Radix Records, an independent label in Chicago, who also had Syleena Johnson (former Jive Recording Artist) as part of it's roster. During my time there, I had the opportunity to work with a then up-and-coming producer name Kanye West. I was always writing, since like the 5th grade. But by the time I got to high school, I was real heavy into honing my craft. Just listening to other artists' delivery, cadence, style while at the same time coming up with my own. And by the time I graduated, I became even more intrigued with music production.

2. Who are some of your musical influences? 

Emcee-wise: Common, Lupe Fiasco, Andre 3000, Royce Da 5'9, Jay-Z, Eminem, Phonte, Pharoahe Monch, J. Cole, Redman, Mos Def & Black Thought (of The Roots) Producer-wise: J-Dilla, Just Blaze, No I.D., Dj Premier, Pete Rock, 9th Wonder, Bink, Swizz Beatz, Ryan Leslie, Hi-Tek, Rich Harrison & J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League


3. If you had to describe your performance style in one word what would that be?


HIP-HOP!!!!!!. So if you enjoy, love & appreciate that, go cop my single AH YEAH (SHE NEEDS ME). Available now on iTunes, Tunecore & all other major music download outlets.


4. What makes you unique?


I write and produce my own songs. So once you cop that single, AH YEAH (SHE NEEDS ME) from iTunes, Tunecore, Amazon, etc., you will get a feel for not only me as an artist but me as a producer as well.

Wes Kardigan "Ah Yeah (She Needs Me) 
Official Video 




5. Who would you like to work with be it producers, artist etc mainstream?



Timbaland, J. Cole, No I.D., 9th Wonder, Duffy, Christina Aguilera, Ludacris, T.I., Brandy, Jhene Aiko, Common, Nas, Ryan Leslie, Erykah Badu, Andre 3000, Marsha Ambrosius, Jazmine Sullivan, Mary J. & Usher just to name a few off the top of my head.


6. Who have you been working with thus far?

Currently, I've been concentrating on building my brand/fanbase alongside Showcase (founder of H3 Entertainment, a company that specializes in marketing/branding) by pushing this single, AH YEAH (SHE NEEDS ME), as well it's video to help give people a reason why they should work with me. I'M DOPE, I'M VERSATILE, I'M HUNGRY, I'M HUMBLE & I'M NEXT UP lbvs!!!! Besides YouTube, you can also find the video for my single, AH YEAH (SHE NEEDS ME), on other major blog outlets such as ThisIs50.com, VladTv.com, MyCityMyDream.com, ExposedVocals.com & RealMagicTv.com (a popular television show broadcasted from overseas). Plus I'm in the midst of working on this new EP I'm trying to have done and released by no later than mid-summer 2015.


7. Where do you see yourself in five years?



Still making music, traveling & performing maybe even getting off into a little acting. I just want to look back five years from now and be able to say that I'm living comfortably from making music a career.


8. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?

Having to memorize another artist's verses cause this particular one was part of a group but there would be times when he was either late for a performance or never showed up at all. After a certain point and time people started believing I was part of the group even when they saw him on stage.

Contact 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Need Mixtape Host/Slots/Radio Spins
https://www.fb.com/djntgmcee

Want to advertise with us 

NTG2627@gmail.com

Comments